Does the Township have a leash ordinance?
While the Township does not have a leash ordinance, residents are directed to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Dog Law which requires the following:
- A dog must be on a leash when owner is off the his/her property with the dog; or
- Must be under voice commands and the dog must respond to commands; or
- Dog must be confined to a property by means of a fence or an electronic fence, or must respond to voice commands.
NOTE: Fines can run up to $300 plus in court costs.
Am I allowed to burn on my property? Is there a burning ordinance?
Solebury Township is within the Department of Environmental Protection's (DEP) air basin, and DEP prohibits burning within the air basin.
What are the requirements/restrictions for posting signs along the roadways?
Contact the Zoning Officer at the Township Building at (215) 297-5656 for specifics regarding signage.
What ordinance books are available to purchase from the Township?
The following books are available:
- Zoning Ordinance - $50 ($68 if mailed)
- Subdivision & Land Development Ordinance - $50 ($65 if mailed)
- Comprehensive Plan - $50 ($65 if mailed)
- Parks & Recreation Plan - $50 ($60 if mailed)
- Open Space Plan - $50 ($60 if mailed)
- HARB Design Guidelines - $20 ($30 if mailed)
- HARB History & Maintenance Manual - $20 ($30 if mailed)